Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednedsay, Feb 18, early am

I was asked how mom's spirits are. She seems to be in relatively good spirits considering all that has happened. This is a lifechanging event and will take time to process for all of us. It is hard to get good rest in the hospital. She is much more upbeat and positive when she isn't as tired (aren't we all??). Continue to pray that she would cling to the truth and not let her mind wander. Any specific scriptured passages that we could read to her would also be a great way to keep her mind focused! We read your comments to her throughout the day!

2 comments:

  1. I have two passages for Carolyn this morning.
    "The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving towards all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down." (Psalm 145:13-14)
    "Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you." (Peter 5:7)
    Carolyn, we hope you will be "lifted up" today with some good news. We think of you all the time and this unexpected turn of events in your life. We prayed for you yesterday at my prayer group and everyone was feeling very positive for you. Try and rest. We'll stay in touch. Take care and God bless.
    Bridget and Don Sturtevant

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
    I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress,
    My God, in whom I trust!'....
    He will cover you with His pinions,
    And under His wings you may seek refuge;
    His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark."
    Psalm 91:1-2,4
    "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies." Psalm 18: 2,3
    Carolyn, you are so loved by so many people and even more by the Maker of all creation. I pray you can rest in Him through this painful trial.
    We love you so much and are praying for you and the rest of your family.
    Barber Family

    ReplyDelete